Amelia Young from The Wilderness Society came into the JOY studios to give an update on happenings over the last two months.
The update includes:
- The success of the Warburton Rally
- How logging affects our Water Storage Areas
- The East Gippsland Forest Campaign
- Brown Mountain
- Successful Action on the steps of Parliament
- Long-footed potoroo – endangered species
- Old-growth forests are our richest and safest carbon banks – but only if we don’t log them
- International work – Their campaign delegation has just returned from Posnan, Poland, latest round of climate talks
- A chat with Gavan McFadzean, The Wilderness Society’s Victorian Campaigns Manager who has just returned from the climate negotiations in Posnan.
- TWS Christmas Gifts online
Click here to listen to the interview.
For more information, please visit http://www.wilderness.org.au/